Thursday 24 January 2013

Hen party planning - such fun!


The evening of the first wedding dress shopping trip was also the first meeting of the hen party planning committee. Of the five bridesmaids, two were available to come over so Rachel and Kate joined Lucy, and as always me and my Mum were in residence.
The conversations were guided skilfully by Rachel’s agenda ( I love it, how well organised,  I was so impressed! And then Rachel told me she loves a good spreadsheet, well I just found another "new" daughter as Kate was “adopted”  by me years ago!) The girls looked at various options and dates, from a weekend in Barcelona, or the Lakes, or a theatre break in London. They talked about who would be invited, who might share a room with whom, cocktails sessions and then looked at activities. We agreed that there needed to be a further subcommittee which did not involve Lucy so the activities could be fully discussed and  then implemented. As BBC1 Miranda’s Mother repeats, “Such fun!”. Rachel is coordinating plans so we are in safe hands.
The conversation turned to wedding hymns and songs for the wedding evening do entertainment and led to a bit of a spontaneous sing a long! Obviously I can’t tell which songs were being sung, but all will be revealed on the day! SUCH FUN..

2 comments:

  1. Such fun indeed !! it is all sounding exciting stuff..x Dont mean to be anonymous just cant work this anyother way ..Julie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jules - not sure how it all works either but good to get a comment..H xx

    ReplyDelete