Friday 1 November 2013

I think we are done!

The past three days have flown over in a flurry of wedding related activity. The logistics of what or who needed to be where took on military like precision. However , can say we have all enjoy these final few days of preparation.

Guests have started to arrive, and stay. There have been beauty appointments galore. Oh, and I went to collect my hat. I don’t think I had blogged that the perfect topper for my outfit was secured a week or more ago, at Get Ahead Hats at Blanchland. Auriole kindly brought the work-in-progress dress, and Lucy and my Mum agreed with the choice of a complimentary creation for my head! So it was with great pleasure that I headed in autumnal splendour to Blanchland yesterday morning with my dear friend Barbara (here all the way from Muscat). Barbara and I can talk for England/Ireland so hardly had a moment in our couple of hours together to draw breathe, and I love a friend who you always have something you still have to discuss.

On Wednesday evening the wedding rehearsal took place in the Abbey. It was an absolutely delightful and most memorable occasion – mainly due to Reverend Phil. The group included Mark’s Mum and Dad, 4 of the 5 bridesmaids, lovely Rachel one of Lucy’s school friends who now lives in Wales, Tony and Richard representing the Ushers, Chris - Jo’s husband doing a reading, Granny and Auntie Moo, Neil doing a reading and on sound check  and me MOTB with my permanent lists!!

Revd Phil made everyone feel most welcome and has a charming sense of humour. And suddenly,  as we practised walking down the aisle, it was even more real. “We” had a couple of run throughs, quite a few laughs, and a prayer and then the cool vicar suggested we all go for a pint. Well it would have been rude not to!

So today we only had a couple, admittedly big, tasks to do. One was delivering everything to Close House. Granny and Auntie Moo had the cakes, we had table decorations, table plan, favours etc etc. It was one of those pinch yourself kind of moments, when you are concentrating on the details and then suddenly realise – this time tomorrow...

And so tonight, we have had a lovely quiet family meal to celebrate Grandpa’s 81st birthday (also tomorrow) joined by the two Rachel’s at the Carts Bog. Mark and his family are meeting up for a meal in Hexham.

And so it’s almost time for bed. One more sleep!! The Bride needs to be up by 6am, ready for the preparations to start.

So it is over and out, I will be back sometime soon with as much as I can remember of the big day. The day I stop being MOTB and become MIL ( Mother in Law) 

No comments:

Post a Comment